Friday, December 18, 2015

A PLACE OF ORACLES AND INSPIRATION


                    
 

                                            


                   

Hello and welcome! I am Dr. Dianne Skafte, creator of ASK THE GUIDES, our new iPhone app. I’d like to share with you a bit of my story. It will help you understand my purpose and aims for bringing this project to life. 
Let’s roll back the clock to my 15th year, to a cabin shrouded by Spanish moss in rural Florida. An old woman whom I knew casually asked me if I’d like to have my cards read. I wasn't sure exactly what that meant, but there was something about Mrs. Cavallero that I trusted. So I said, “Sure."
Her little house was a museum of the arcane. Every inch of space was filled with curios, bronze statues, antique books, and paintings of other-worldly landscapes. Mrs. Cavallero raised the lid of a small wooden box and took out a deck of cards. She gazed at me serenely while shuffling. "Make a wish," she instructed, placing the deck into my hands.
That's when it happened. It was like all my senses opened at once and grew ten times in power. I could smell the leather books behind me and the musty Persian carpet under my feet. I could hear every cicada chirping in the jungle outside. I felt larger than myself, felt like I was part of something vast and ancient and eternal.
I hardly heard the "reading" she gave me. I only knew that I wanted to be part of the world I had just touched. It was the beginning of my life-long enchantment with oracles, inner guidance, and hidden realms of the soul.
My life path led me to psychology--naturally enough, for the word means "study of the psyche." Eventually I became a psychotherapist, professor, and author in the field of depth psychology.
ASK THE GUIDES is a joyful continuation of my work. My team and I wish to offer you a fun, engaging way to receive spiritual guidance and motivation. We have endeavored to make your experience as rich as possible by weaving together beautiful music, words, graphics, and interactive features.
Thanks for listening to my story. I would welcome hearing yours also, for every story is a journey of the soul.
And I look forward to sharing with you more adventures from the world of oracles and inspiration.

Dianne Skafte received her Ph.D. from the University of Colorado. She is a past academic dean and department chair of Pacifica Graduate Institute in Santa Barbara, CA. Her book, Listening to the Oracle, explores oracular consciousness in many times and cultures.
 

 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment